Are Your Accommodations Acceptable?
All Western University, Brescia, Huron and King's University College students arriving from outside of Canada (including international students and Canadian citizens) are required to complete a 14-day quarantine and must register their quarantine plan with Western prior to arrival in Canada.
Western is recommending that newly arriving main campus students requiring quarantine participate in Western-arranged quarantine accommodations and meal service at a subsidized rate of $100 per day.*
Brescia, Huron and King's students: please contact your individual international offices for direction and assistance with quarantine accommodations.
Students who choose to self-arrange their quarantine accommodations will be asked to acknowledge and confirm on their quarantine registration form that their accommodations are in compliance with Government of Canada requirements under the Quarantine Act.
Questions to Consider Regarding Your Accommodations
- What is your plan for accessing basic necessities including food, medication and supplies?
- Do you have a credit card that works in Canada? Many delivery services do not accept cash.
- Will you have access to a phone so that Canada Border Services and Public Health authorities can contact you, and so that you can contact help for health issues, or order food and other necessities?
- Will you have the ability to receive food delivery with zero-contact? Please see "Other Support Needs" for possible solutions.
- Will you have contact with people who are 65 years or older, have underlying medical conditions or compromised immune systems?
- Will you have access to your own washroom?
- Will you be living in a group or community living arrangement including sharing a small apartment; living in the same household with large families or many people; having roommates who have not travelled with you that you can’t avoid shared spaces/contact with?
Students who cannot confirm suitable quarantine accommodations within their quarantine registration form will be directed to Western-arranged quarantine accommodations.
For questions or assistance, please contact email@example.com.