Health Care Information
Please note: Effective immediately, all Western University, Brescia, Huron and King's students arriving from outside of Canada (including international students and Canadian citizens) are required to complete a 14-day quarantine and must register their quarantine plan with Western prior to arrival in Canada.
Please note that travel requirements continue to change as announcements are made by the Canadian government. We understand that these changes may be of cause for concern to students planning to come to Western in the coming days and weeks. We are working to understand the impact that new requirements will have for students travelling to Canada from abroad and will provide updates as we have them. Please visit the International Arrival page for updates.
COVID-19 Resources and Information
Once you arrive in Canada, there are specific and mandatory health and safety requirements to follow, including getting tested for COVID-19, disclosing test results to the university, and connecting with staff at various points during the 14-day quarantine period.
- Government of Canada Coronavirus Information Sheet for Travellers
- Ontario COVID-19 Self Assessment
- Resources for COVID-19 in different languages
- Symptoms to Watch For After Travelling Abroad
- Dos and Don'ts of Quarantine
If you have symptoms of COVID-19
You must continue to monitor your health for:
- Difficulty breathing
If your symptoms get worse (cough, shortness of breath, or fever equal to or greater than 38°C, or signs of fever e.g. shivering, flushed skin, excessive sweating), immediately call the public health authority and describe your symptoms and travel history, and follow their instructions.
Student Health Care at Western
Check Clinic Operating Hours
On-Campus COVID-19 Testing
- Access to COVID-19 testing is available to all students through Student Health Care.
- After your quarantine is complete, and if you remain symptom-free, you may go to the on-campus testing clinic to receive your mandatory test.
- If you are in quarantine and experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, contact Student Health at 519-661-3030 to arrange an appointment. Visit the Student Health Care appointments page.
Other Health Care Needs
- The Student Health Care Clinic is available to all students for other health care concerns during the quarantine period and throughout your time at Western. Contact them by calling 519-661-3030 or visit the appointments web page.
- The on-campus University Pharmacy is able to make deliveries to students whether on or off campus. Other local pharmacies also make deliveries. Please see the "Other Support Needs" web page for details.
- Mental Health Counselling is also available to all students. Book an appointment by calling 519-661-3030.
UHIP is specifically for international students and covers hospital and medical services that you might need to maintain your health while at Western.
UHIP will support diagnosis and treatment of illness, including COVID-19. Testing for COVID 19 is also covered under the UHIP plan. Prescription drugs and dental care are NOT covered by UHIP.
The USC plan provides supplementary health insurance for all undergraduate students for items such as dental care and prescriptions. Returning students who are arriving in advance of the beginning of the winter term will have continuing coverage under this plan.
The SOGS plan provides supplementary health insurance for all graduate students for items such as dental care and prescriptions. Returning students who are arriving in advance of the beginning of winter term will have continuing coverage under this plan.
Other Health Information