COVID-19 International Arrival
Welcome! This website is for new or returning students arriving from outside of Canada to study at Western University.
All Western University, Brescia, Huron and King's University College students arriving from outside of Canada (including international students and Canadian citizens) are required to complete all necessary testing and quarantine requirements and must register their quarantine plan with Western prior to arrival in Canada.
If you are an international student who is eligible to enter Canada and are fully vaccinated with a Health Canada-approved vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD and Janssen/Johnson & Johnson) you may be exempt from select quarantine requirements, but you must still register your travel and quarantine plan with Western.
For eligibility information, please visit the Government of Canada website. Please note that the vaccines approved by the World Health Organization for students living in residence may not be Health Canada-approved for quarantine exemption.
Learn more about Western's partnership with Air Canada that offers a 15% discount on air travel for international flights for students coming to Canada from abroad.
If you need financial assistance for quarantine costs, apply for the International Student Bursary , open to undergraduate students for Fall 2021.
- Planning your trip
- Booking travel & accommodations
- Before you depart
- Upon your arrival
- Are your accommodations acceptable?
- Dos and don'ts of quarantine
- Hotel accommodations
- Meal delivery and welcome basket
- Travel logistics plan
- Western & Air Canada travel partnership
- Get the ArriveCAN app
- Travel Tool Kit
- Items to bring with you
- What happens if I get sick in quarantine?
- COVID-19 testing information
- Health insurance
- Health Canada-approved vaccines
- Western's COVID-19 vaccine page
- Vaccines in residence
- Quarantine exemption for vaccinated travellers
- From Toronto Pearson Airport
- From London International Airport
- From 3-day government-approved hotel
- Housing FAQ
- Vaccine FAQ
- International students FAQ
- Food & grocery delivery
- International Student Orientation
- Phone & banking setup information
- Other IESC programs
Middlesex-London Health Unit