Other Support Needs & Things to Do in Quarantine
We know you have many questions and will need some additional support as you transition to your new life in Canada or return to London to continue your studies. This may be particularly challenging given the quarantine requirements. We are working with partners on and off campus to support these needs.
In the meantime, you may find some of the information on our regular new students website helpful in thinking about your needs: Student Life at Western University.
You may have other requirements while in your 14-day quarantine, including groceries, meal delivery and health supplies or medications. You many also be looking to find things to do to pass the time. Below are some local service providers who may be able to support you, as well as some virtual resources and activities to help keep you busy.
Note: food and grocery delivery will not be permitted in Western-arranged quarantine accommodations. However, it is available for on-campus apartments, Platt's Lane Estates (if you have a friend not in quarantine who can meet delivery at the door and bring to your unit), and personal off-campus housing.
Western also has a staff and volunteer team who will support students during quarantine - whether you are staying on campus or off campus.
Virtual Resources & Activities
- International Student Orientation
- Whether you are beginning your studies in Canada or from abroad, all new undergraduate and graduate international students are encouraged to participate in our Summer 2021 International Student Orientation online and connect with international peers on IESC's official OWL site for new students.
- #GlobalWesternU New Student Party
- The IESC’s new student party will be a great opportunity for you to connect with other international students in a casual and relaxed setting. Join us for special games and activities, some friendly competition, and a few other surprises!
- Undergraduate Students - September 1 at 9:00am and 6:00pm EDT
- Graduate Students - September 2 at 9:00am and 6:00pm EDT
- SmartStart Western
- SmartStart Western is a series of programs offered throughout the summer to support the transition of new students to Western and provide them with a foundation for their academic journey.
- Upcoming events from the IESC
- The International and Exchange Student Centre has many upcoming events available to support you in your travel to Canada and connect you to the Western community.
- IESC Programs & Services
- We offer a wide variety of programs and services from our International Student Advising Services to our Peer Guides to connect you to the Western community, answer your questions, and provide support.
Phone & banking setup information
- Grocery Guy (variety of stores)
- Loblaws (Instacart)
- Livefit Foods (Essential groceries/basics)
- On the Move Organics
- United Supermarket (Asian grocery)
- Walmart (Instacart)
- Western University Pharmacy (free delivery on or off campus)
- Rexall Direct
- Shoppers Drug Mart