Other Support Needs & Things to Do in Quarantine
You may have other needs while in your 14-day quarantine, including groceries, meal delivery and health supplies or medications. You many also be looking to find things to do to pass the time. Below are some local service providers who may be able to support you, as well as some virtual resources and activities to help keep you busy.
Note: food and grocery delivery will not be permitted in Western-arranged hotel accommodations. However, it is available for on-campus apartments, Platt's Lane Estates and personal off-campus housing.
Western also has a staff and volunteer team who will support students during quarantine - whether you are staying on campus or off campus.
All Western University, Brescia, Huron and King's students arriving from outside of Canada (including international students and Canadian citizens) are required to complete a 14-day quarantine and must register their quarantine plan with Western prior to arrival in Canada.
- Grocery Guy (variety of stores)
- Loblaws (Instacart)
- Livefit Foods (Essential groceries/basics)
- On the Move Organics
- United Supermarket (Asian grocery)
- Walmart (Instacart)
- Western University Pharmacy (free delivery on or off campus)
- Rexall Direct
- Shoppers Drug Mart
Meal Delivery/Meal Kits
Virtual Resources & Activities
- Register to attend a painting afternoon event hosted by our Peer Guides and open to all students.
- Sign up for a cookie decorating event hosted by our Peer Guides and open to all students.
- Catch up on the Keynote Sessions Recordings from International Week.
- Residence at Western has some great resources for virtual programming, including workouts, meditation and virtual tours.
- Check out the social connections supports from Digital Student Experience.
- Join the Winter Break Facebook group.
- Housing will be hosting virtual hangouts over the break on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 12:00–4:00 p.m. Zoom details can be found in the Facebook group.
- New undergraduate and graduate students can learn how to apply for a SIN, apply for a Peer Guide and check out the Winter Orientation resources and attend the New Student Party