International Student Centre - Social Science
*Please note this location is closed until further notice. Please contact our office in the International and Graduate Affairs Building or email email@example.com for assistance.
The International and Exchange Student Centre is pleased to announce the opening of a new International Student Centre in the Faculty of Social Science. Open to all international students in the Faculty in all programs, graduate and undergraduate. Drop in to and find out about the programs and services available to you, or make an appointment to meet with Lingyin (Lynn) Shen, International Student Advisor.
- Immigration Advising
- Individual assistance with personal, financial or other questions
- Connection to International and Exchange Student Centre programs and services, and other Western support systems.
- Peer support programs
New this term:
- Career Skills and Advising: Western’s Employment Resource Centre now has office hours in the International Student Centre in SSC Rm 1040.
Drop-in on Tuesdays from 1-3 pm or Thursdays from 10-12 pm for peer support and feedback on your resume, cover letter, CV, LinkedIn profile or personal statement. Our trained Career Profile Advisors are ready to help you take your job or graduate school application to the next level!
- Peer Assisted Learning drop-in hours: The International Learning Peer (Management and Organizational Studies) now has office hours in the International Student Centre in SSC Rm 1040.
Drop-in on Wednesday from 2-4 pm or Thursday from 10-12 pm to get peer support with your key MOS courses. Course-specific help is offered in MOS 1021, MOS 1023, MOS 2181, MOS 2275, MOS 2310, MOS 2320, bring your learning materials you have questions on!
Social Science Centre
Lower Level, Room 1040
Drop in Hours - Winter 2020 - Please note this location is closed until further notice. Contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
|1 pm - 4 pm|
|Thursday & Friday||9 am - 12 pm|
*Lynn is also available for appointments Monday-Friday.
Winter 2020 Immigration Workshops
- Co-op Work Permits Q&A
Thursday, January 23, 12:30-1:30 pm, SSC 3006
- Study Permit Extensions & Amendments
Wednesday, February 5, 4:30-6:00 pm
- Post-Graduation Work Permits
Monday, March 2, 4:30-6:00 pm
Click on the links above for more details or to register.
For more events, visit the IESC events calendar
Lingyin (Lynn) Shen
International Student Advisor
Faculty of Social Science
Phone: 519-661-2111, Ext. 86744
Students visiting the International Student Centre - Social Science for services are asked to scan their student card at the front desk. Similar to other services on campus, this allows us to better track traffic and adjust our programming to serve you better. No card? No problem. We are happy to help as usual.