Course Registration

First-Year Undergraduate Students

Attend Summer Academic Orientation (SAO)

Summer Academic Orientation helps first-year main-campus undergraduate students with selecting and registering for their courses. To participate, students must register in advance.

NOTE: If you are attending one of Western's affiliated colleges (Brescia, Huron, or King's), check with your college to learn about summer orientation programs that are available to you.

Register for Courses Online

Select and register for your courses online through Student Center during the online course registration period.

All students may use the Web Registration process until the deadline. After that date, you must follow the Add/Drop/Swap process.

The Office of the Registrar provides a Step by Step Guide, on how to register for your courses through Student Center.

Contact the Office of the Registrar's Student Central team via chat or by calling 519-661-2100 if you require assistance with course registration. They will be open for extended hours on select dates in June and July to assist new students with course registration and to answer questions about academic life at Western. Visit the Student Central Office webpage in mid-June for details about their extended hours.

For questions about course selection and/or academic progression please contact your Department or Faculty.

Exchange Students

Register for courses

Incoming exchange students should contact an International Learning Coordinator at Western for details on course registration. Students doing an exchange through one of the affiliate colleges (Brescia, Huron or King's), the Faculty of Law, or the Ivey Business School, should contact the exchange coordinator for their program.

New Graduate Students

Contact Your Graduate Program and Register for Courses

Course Registration for graduate students will take place one month before the start of each term. Contact your graduate program and/or supervisor to determine your timetable, course selection and all other relevant information.

Students Transferring to Western from Another University

Contact Academic Counselling

If you are an international student who is transferring from another university, you should first contact an academic counsellor from your academic program for advice on course selection and program progression.

Register for Courses

View the information on Course Registration for undergraduate students above.

Visiting Students