International Student Advising Services
For many of you, this will be your first experience living apart from your families and friends and experiencing a new cultural, social, and academic environment. As you transition to life in Canada and at Western and as you journey through your university experience, we have services in place to support you.
How we can help
Confidential advising service provided by International Student Advisors is available to help you address any questions or concerns that may arise throughout your time at Western.
International students can get assistance on a range of issues including but not limited to:
- Immigration matters
- Employment and other government regulations
- Cultural and academic transitions
- University policies and procedures
- Cross-cultural understanding and communications
- Canadian cultural norms
- Becoming involved - making new connections and building your new community
- Health care
- Student Peer Support
- Financial concerns
- Resources for families and children
- Referrals to campus and community resources
Ways to meet with an International Student Advisor
Our staff are available to meet with you during in-person drop-in hours, virtually during our FAQ Immigration Friday drop-in sessions, or in 30-minute virtual appointments.
Book an appointment
Privacy and Confidentiality
Western is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities. Please contact us in advance if you have any specific accommodation requirements.