Documents from Western

Letter for Visa Purposes

One of the required documents needed to apply for Study Permit extensions, Temporary Resident Visas, Post-Graduation Work Permits, US Visas, etc., is a letter from Western University stating that you are a registered student. This "Letter for Visa Purposes" (Official Western Letter) can be ordered through the Office of the Registrar.

If you require a letter of enrollment for a Social Insurance Number application, please see below for information on how to order it from the Office of the Registrar.

The "Letter for Visa Purposes" will include the following information:

  • Registration
  • Start and end dates
  • Fees paid
  • Full- or part-time status
  • Faculty
  • Year enrolled
  • Program length

The Letter for Visa Purposes is available to Main Campus registered students only. Students at the affiliate colleges (Huron, Brescia, Kings) should visit the Office of the Registrar at their college.

How to Order a Letter from the Office of the Registrar

Letters can take 4 to 5 business days to process.

There is a fee for this letter.



Visit the Office of the Registrar for more details.